Saturday, October 3, 2009

DXM Harm Reduction

Disclaimer - I am not advocating drug use in this post. It is strictly for informational purposes. Also, do not take my advice as official medical information. I claim fallibility and am definitely not right about everything.

You may have read a few posts below and are now thinking that DXM looks like a great drug to do if you can do well in college on it. But you have to know that I'm an extremely health conscious drug user. I've read a lot on the subject and I take as many precautions as I can to avoid problems. Also, I'm not you. Drugs affect people differently.

If I've piqued your curiosity about trying DXM, here are some things to know:

  • Make sure the product you are using only has one active ingredient: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (or Dextromethorphan Polistirex). There are certain ingredients in some cough preparations that, when taken in high enough doses, can cause liver damage, heart attack, respiratory arrest, and so on.
  • Take into account any major health conditions you might have (including mental health).
  • Many people find the effects of DXM "dirty" or unpleasant. Start with a low dose and find your sweet spot, if you even have one...
  • Drink enough water so that you're pissing regularly, especially if you're using DXM in a cough syrup form (remember there are other forms). Cough syrups have lots of sugar, and being dehydrated with a bottle of high fructose corn syrup in your system may damage your pancreas and kidneys.
  • Read William White's DXM FAQ (provided by Erowid.org in the link) to know more about what you're getting into.

That's what I consider to be the most important advice from my experience. But again, you're not me. There are many unknowns about DXM; it's a relatively new drug. So I suggest reading more. Look in books, Google until you can't Google anymore, whatever.

If you do other drugs, you should research them too. Turn your hobby into an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment